Wikipedia talk:Articles for creation/Russian Atlantology
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
< Wikipedia talk:Articles for creation
Jump to: navigation, search
Submission declined on 28 March 2013 by Nimuaq (talk).
Thank you for your submission, but the subject of this article already exists in Wikipedia. You can find it and improve it at Atlantis instead.
• You are encouraged to make improvements by clicking on the “Edit” tab at the top of this page. When you are ready to resubmit, click here.
• If you require extra help, ask a question at the Articles for creation help desk. There is also a live help chat with experienced reviewers.
• Find sources: “Russian Atlantology” – news • books • scholar • JSTOR • free images.
Declined by Nimuaq 5 days ago. Last edited by Nimuaq 5 days ago. Reviewer: Inform author.
• 1 Russian Atlantology
o 1.1 Russian atlantology
? 1.1.1 Underwater archeology and “Atlantides” in Ukraine
• 2 References
 Russian Atlantology
 Russian atlantology
In the Russian atlantology ‘Atlantida’ is a legendary island (archipelago or continent), or just a metropolis (capital) at the head of the union of tribes with the Atlanteans, who were in front of the Pillars of Hercules, and placed at one day on the ocean as a result of earthquake and floods. The Legend describes a Plato in the “Timaeus” and “Crete” referring to some traditions. 
Plato indicates the disaster as “9000 years ago.” The famous Greek philosopher Plato considered a reliable source of information, but even he was not immune from mistakes. Thus, most experts believe the date of the destruction of Atlantis – 9000 years ago – is unrealistic. ‘Most likely, Plato just confused the Egyptian lunar calendar with the solar Greek.’ Section 9000 to 12.37 years (the duration of the lunar cycle), we obtain precisely 1207 BC. This date corresponds with its time of catastrophic earthquakes and floods that hit the eastern Mediterranean. Another error – word “island”, which Plato is appears. According to Egyptologist Rhys Carpenter, corresponding character in the ancient Egyptian language means the beach or sand bar, as well as other people’s land on the other side of the Nile Delta.
At this point the story of Atlantis, the majority of Russian philosophers Plato says invented philosophical myth. Russian scientists believe: it’s a legend, compiled from memories of a real ancient catastrophe (for example, the death of Minoan civilization in a powerful eruption Santorini).
Since ancient times, there is a half-forgotten in the science term – “atlantology” , term, essentially died with the end of ancient times and the beginning of the dominance of Christian Science. Simultaneously with Christianity appear first mystical occult astrological tradition: (Diodorus Sicilius believed Atlant in Atlas Mountains – founders of astrology ), associated with Atlantis.
The USSR was declared academic Nicholas Feodosevich Zhirov in 1959 recreate the academic disciplines – ‘Atlantology’.
‘Atlantologists’, in broad terms, called the people involved in identifying and compiling all the information about Atlant or Atlantis. Scientific Nicholas Feodosevich Zhirov value presented the work of 50-60-th of XX century in biogeography Quaternary (taking into account the geological and paleobiological factors as well as the comparative mythology): 
Nicholas Feodosevich Zhirov (4 July 1903 – December 1970) – a Soviet chemist, later – an apologist for the existence of Atlantis, declared the creation of “atlantology”, which he regarded as a special scientific field. Published several stories in the London magazine Atlantis, and a number of popular Soviet publications.
Popular science publishing regularly in the USSR 70-80’s published non-fiction and scientific-educational work of his successor Alexandr Mikhailovych Kondratov – for the study of ancient and modern languages, paleontology, geology, the search for the relict of land and animals, underwater archeology and oceanography.
However, further development of this line of research in underwater archeology did not happen in strontium searching Atlantis described by Plato, and towards seeking hypothetical sunken underwater land “Atlantides”,(“The hypothetical extinct land”).).
Scientific “Atlantida” papers are mostly solitary scientists in modern Russia:
– Linguists (Yu.V.Krayko) PhD thesis in 2006 on the theme of the myth of Atlant, and the arrival of the Atlantis legend in the Greco-Roman culture of the Far West “ancient myth about Atlant and Atlantis: the experience of folklore consideration” (Scientific Library of Theses and abstracts disserCat),
– Oceanologists (Honoured Worker of Science, Chief Scientific Officer, Professor Institute of Oceanology Shirshov RAS Alexander Gorodnitsky – in the 80-90’s and zero’s),
– Tectonics (Moscow State University Professor – Nicholas Koronovsky  in the zero’s).
Russian and Ukrainian historians specializing in the field of the ancient world, in turn, chose to investigate not hypothetical Plato Atlantis and scientific reports of Atlantis Atlas Mountains, which appeared long before Plato: Herodotus , supplemented by Diodorus Sicilus 
Occult in Russian and post-Soviet circles (since such theosophist, as Helena Blavatsky, as well as astrologers, UFOlogists, etc.) have become popular with all sorts of hoaxes on Atlantis .
Russian Society for the Study of Atlantis (ROIPA), “monopolize” the legacy of the scientist, often engaged in occult . In the modern occult and okolookkultnoy environment, any activity on the synthesis of information about Atlantis and “Atlantides” called “atlantology» . There are also more extreme opinions, which displays atlantology beyond scientific knowledge . The term has acquired a value in an English speaking environment, thanks to the edition of Zhirov books transfer , .
However, in Russia, there are brilliant scientific populyar Research on scientific atlantology. These studies covered in known in the scientific world, respected authors in scientific, educational and popular science publishers. Alexandr Mikhailovych Kondratov developed in the 70-80th main problems of the oceanology in search of “Atlantides” (hypothetical submerged lands) in all the seas and oceans of the Earth , , , .
In Moscow in the early 90’s, the scientific community came atlantologists, the founders of which were well-known writers and scholars: Nicholas Nepomnyashchy, Alexander Gorodnitsky, Alim Woyzechowsky, Vladimir Shcherbakov and other .
26-27 November 2007 under the auspices of three organizations, including Institute of Oceanology, Russian Academy of Sciences Forum was held atlantologists (scientists and researchers) from Russia and the CIS countries. The development of scientific atlantology in modern Russia perform: Doctor of Geological and Mineralogical Sciences, oceanographer Alexander Gorodnitsky, Doctor of Geological Sciences, professor MSU Nicolaus Koronovsky (author of numerous scientific works, Doctor of Philosophy [[Yuri Linnik (writer}|Yuri Linnik]], Ph.D. Svetlana Makurenkova, member of Russian Geographical Society, Head North Comprehensive search expedition Golubev, cosmonaut, Doctor of Physical and Mathematical Sciences and PhD, twice Hero of the Soviet Union cosmonaut Georgy Grechko (member of expeditions in 1966 to the Tunguska meteorite).
 Underwater archeology and “Atlantides” in Ukraine
Underwater archeology has gained a lot of facts, forced to abandon a number of hypotheses and created new ones. But the generally accepted term for the discipline, leading probabilistic search space for the planned excavation of the water does not exist.  The name “theoretical underwater archeology” is unsuitable, and “gipoakvaarheologiya” – “hypothetical underwater archeology” – cumbersome term. Suitable term is known from ancient times – “atlantology». . “Hypothetical vanished lands”, accordingly, the media of the USSR, Russia (after) and Ukraine (after) named all underwater landsas as Atlantida.. Most of the “Atlantides” is now resting on the shelf, but the object of the underwater archeology is not only the shelf adjacent to the mainland, with its “Atlantis” and wrecks, but also the whole of the oceans.  For example, the city of Acre on the Crimean shelf underwater archaeologists called “Crimean Atlantis»:  “In the area of the Kerch Strait is the most striking example of Black Sea Atlantides” – the ancient city of Acre” . In 2012, the end of May at the Crimean Atlantida works underwater archaeological expedition (from the press service of the Crimean Republican Committee for the Protection of Cultural Heritage).
1. ^ a b NEW PROCEEDINGS. Island of the geographical bad luck
2. ^ NEW PROCEEDINGS. Moscow professor Nikolay Koronovsky solved the mystery of the lost civilization
3. ^ Kondrashov AM “Atlantis of the Tethys Sea” Gidrometeoizdat, Leningrad; 1986 Prologue
4. ^ R.Greyvs. Greek Myths: The Titans, Atlas and Prometheus
5. ^ Zhirov N. Atlantis. Atlantology – Basic Problems. Honolulu: University Press of the Pacific, 2001. – 444 p. ISBN 978-0-89875-591-6 (reprint of the English translation, published by the USSR publishing house “Progress” in 1970)
6. ^ Alexandr Mikhailovych Kondratov. “Atlantides look for the shelf”. Gidrometeoizdat, Leningrad, 1988, Epilogue
7. ^ a b Alexandr Mikhailovych Kondratov “Atlantides of five oceans” Gidrometeoizdat, Leningrad, 1987: Epilogue
8. ^ Yu.V.Krayko. ??????? ?????????? ??????????? ? ????????????? – Scientific Library of Theses and abstracts. DisserCat
9. ^ “?????????? ??????????”. Gratzel turned myth. Alexander Gorodnitsky said “MK” about Atlantis.
10. ^ [http:// www.vehi.net/istoriya/grecia/gerodot/04.html Herodotus. HISTORY. Book IV. Melpomene.]
11. ^ Diodorus Siculus. Historical Library. Book V. The islands that lie in the Western Ocean.
12. ^ Alexandr Mikhailovych Kondratov “Atlantis of the Tethys Sea” Gidrometeoizdat, Leningrad, 1986, Chapter “atlantology and mysticism”
13. ^ Alexander Voronin. Atlantis. In the footsteps of a lost civilization. Scientific atlantology
14. ^ Atlantology
15. ^ Belaya Kalitva literally said that “atlantology is largely disciplines relevant to philosophy and theology, as well as … the Sacred Stories»
16. ^ The Legend of Atlantis. Atlantology
17. ^ The Legend of Atlantis. See section Zhirov’s Writings
18. ^ 1. * # footnote_27 Alexandr Mikhailovych Kondratov. “Secrets of the three oceans.” Leningrad. Gidrometeoizdat. 1971. Scientific editors: Dr. Geol.-Mineral. Sciences GS Ganeshina, Dr. Chem. Science NF Zhirov. Consultants: Dr. Hist. Science RF [[Its, Dr. Geography Sciences Oleg Leontiev, Dr. of Philology Science VV Shevoroshkin. Foreword by the President of the Geographical Society of the USSR Academy of S.V.Kolesnik].
19. ^ 2. *Alexandr Mikhailovych Kondratov. “Atlantides of five oceans.” Leningrad. Gidrometeoizdat. 1986. Popular science publication.
20. ^ 3. *Alexandr Mikhailovych Kondratov. “Atlantides of the Tethys Sea.” Leningrad. Gidrometeoizdat. 1987. Popular science publication.
21. ^ 4. * Alexandr Mikhailovych Kondratov. “Atlantides look for the shelf.” Leningrad. Gidrometeoizdat. 1988. Scientific and educational publication.
22. ^ http://www.mesoeurasia.org/archives/tag/atlantolohyya Philosophical Center website of the East and the West “MezoEvraziya.” Administration (philosophical and historical)
23. ^ http://www.mesoeurasia.org/archives/tag/atlantolohyya Philosophical Center website of the East and the West “MezoEvraziya”
24. ^ magazine “Around the World”, Jacques Cousteau and Pakkale “In the searching of The Atlantis” (? 5-6, 1985)
25. ^ Alexandr Mikhailovych Kondratov “Atlantis of the Tethys Sea” Gidrometeoizdat, Leningrad, 1986, Prologue
26. ^ Alexandr Mikhailovych Kondratov “Atlantides look for the shelf” Gidrometeoizdat, Leningrad, 1988, Epilogue
27. ^ “???? — ???????? ?????????”. Archived from the original on 2012-10-01. Retrieved 2012-08-11.
28. ^ “Black Sea Atlantis. Vyacheslav Khachaturian, “Terra Tavrika””.
29. ^ “Atlantida near Kerch explore divers-Archaeologists”.
Retrieved from “http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia_talk:Articles_for_creation/Russian_Atlantology&oldid=547489989”
• This page was last modified on 28 March 2013 at 19:19.