P. N. Zammit O.P. was a Professor of Social Studies at Angelicum College in Rome. He contributed to the April/May 1949 edition of Egerton Sykes’ Atlantean Research magazine, with a short paper that criticised the value of Hörbiger’s theories in any scientific investigation of Atlantis. He suggested that any such study should address the following points:
- The Origin of names related to the Atlantic ocean. (Atlas in greek ‘to crush’.Pacifica ‘peace loving’)
- The historical existence of Atlantis.
- Its locality, geography, and time of disappearance.
- Modality and causes of disappearance.
- Effects of its disappearance (did it cause the appearance of lands. Quantity of the sea unchanged?)
- Civilization attained by its inhabitants.
- Influence of its civilization on the remaining continents.
- Any possibility and means of a direct archeological knowledge about Atlantis?